Please check back to see what is going on in 2019 – 2020.
Grade 5 Mini-MAC
- a Fall Drive was done to collected clothing, toiletries, toilet paper, baby items, and food items for Community Outreach and Steinbach Family Resource Center
- For “Socktober” mini MAC collected over 600 pairs of socks that we donated to Community Outreach and the Steinbach Resource Center
- Their Valentine’s bake sale collected almost $400 which they will be purchasing a bigger ticket item for Community Outreach (to be determined by the needs of the organization)
What does the grade 5 Mini MAC have up next?
- Ice cream sales on Fridays in May-proceeds going to either Community Outreach or our CMS kindness fund
- a “bottle drive” where each class will collect coins in a baby bottle and the proceeds will go to Steinbach Family Resource Center (we will do this in the Spring)
Grade 6 Mini-MAC
- Once a month they meet with the “grandparents” at Bethesda Place to read, chat, puzzle, etc…keeping them company!
- Every Friday in December they sold reindeer candy cane grams to raise money for Steinbach Family Resource. They raised $245.60!
What is up next for grade 6 Mini-MAC
- A spring drive to help those in need.
- They will also be selling flowers at the grade 6 musical to help raise money for local resources!
Mini MAC (2018-2019)
Our grade five Mini MAC team wants to tell you a little bit about what we do. Mini MAC holds fundraisers to help our community. We also went to Community Outreach and Bethesda Place. At Community Outreach, we learned a little bit about people that need our help. When we went to Community Outreach, they told us that they collect clothing, bedding, outdoor gear, and footwear for people who need help. Community Outreach also gives out meals for people who need them.
Community Outreach started when a lady gave a lunch to a student at her school, and then more people came.
Then this lady started to give winter gear to people and asked for donations or other help. This got so big that she didn’t know where to put all the stuff she had. It got so big, that a church gave her a room in their space. She eventually got the whole upstairs of the church. This is how Community Outreach started.
We have also been to Bethesda Place, where we socialize with our “adopted grandparents”. Some of the activities we do with our grandparents are we play games with them, we talk with them, we watch TV with them and we sing with them. That is some of what our grade five Mini MAC team does.
From R.O, A.C and CMS’s Grade Five Mini MAC team!
Year Long Shopping Bag Collecting
The Grade 5 Mini-Mac team is collecting shopping bags to donate to Community Outreach. They can turn the bags into useful items such as pillows and cushion type blankets (to go underneath a blanket for warmth, to stay dry, and for comfort).
It takes 600 bags to make the blanket.
You can send the bags to any class, and the teacher there can direct them to the bin in the office or to the Mini Mac team to collect them.
Mini-MAC is also doing a toy and book drive in November. Please bring any new toys or books for children aged 0-6 to any classroom and Mini-MAC will pick them up.
Toy Drive (November only)
For November only, Mini-MAC is doing a toy and book drive. Please bring any new toys or books for children aged 0-6 to any classroom and Mini-MAC will pick them up.
Community Outreach Fundraising (October)
THANK YOU CMS!!!!!!!!!